Student Initiated Activities to Promote International Exchanges
Academic Year 2014 Guidelines for Applicants for Student Initiated Activities to Promote International Exchanges
This program is designed to increase opportunities for students to communicate in English and promote international exchange between Japanese and international students. Students are expected to initiate and carry out international activity program independently, and CEED invites applications for activity-cost support for the program.
The program is open to students enrolled in the Graduate School of Engineering, the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology and the Graduate School of Chemical Sciences and Engineering (students taught by instructors of the Faculty of Engineering)
(Applications from international students for activity programs with Japanese students will also be accepted.)
3. Support Details
- CEED provides activity-cost support for an outstanding program. The maximum amount of support will be 150,000 yen.
- Applicants are asked to balance the number of Japanese students and the one of international students.
4. Implementation Method
Applicants should submit an application form (see the attached form) including the following information to the CEED Office:
- Program overview (objectives and outline)
- Activity details (e.g., activity period and method, number of participants)
- Estimated activity cost
(Expected activity examples)
- Research workshop in English organized by graduate students
- Cultural/academic exchange activities by international and Japanese students
- English camp with international students (English-only activity)
- CEED selects one activity program to which support will be provided based on the program’s feasibility, effectiveness and other related factors.
- Coordination is undertaken as needed between CEED and the organizers of the selected activity program concerning program details.
- After the program completion, report on activity results is submitted to CEED (any format).
5. Implementation Schedule
Applications will be accepted from July 14, 2014 to October 3, 2014.
In principle, international activity program should be implemented between October 2014 and February 28, 2015.
Report should be submitted within one month upon completion of the activity program.